Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The chapter ends......


















Yesterday was an extra special day and a memory that will be imprinted on my mind forever! The teachers at the pre-school had arranged a day full of fun, dancing and lots of food to say their goodbyes to me! It was extremely moving and of course there were tears! Lots of them! I can’t help it! They gave me presents and cards and some of them gave me little messages that really touched me deeply! The presents were wrapped in dinosaur paper and included a framed pic of me and the class and a Swazi flag! Very sweet! After that some of the children performed a variety of traditional dancing while singing (in SiSwati) ‘Why are you leaving us sister Kirsty, who will look after us now’! How do you respond to that? No matter how much you mentally prepare yourself to cope in a situation like this, it will never be enough to answer this question without grieving your inner man and cutting you to the heart! Realising that it wasn’t me that they were drawn to but Jesus in me, left me feeling very thankful for the Lords love and faithfulness to these little ones! I’ve grown so close to them and value every minute spent with them but I still seem to be stuck for words! These children have changed my life in so many ways and revealed the capacity of compassion that is within me by just being in their company! You can’t help but love them all! As for the language barrier……this never interfered with our growing relationships! Of course it would be great to understand them sometimes but I know that they knew how much I loved them by my ways of affection! Their faces will always be remembered!

As my time here in Swaziland comes to an end my heart is saddened as I say my goodbyes to the Swazi family I’ve been blessed with and my beloved friends that I cherish so much! This has got to be the hardest part of being used by the Lord overseas! Every time I think that my emotions are under control and there can’t possibly be any more tears left in me to cry, they come in floods as I see another face that I have to say farewell to!

I hope you have been inspired and encouraged as you have followed me on this beautiful path that the Lord had planned from the very beginning. Challenge ministries is an amazing organisation that is used by God to change hearts, restore lives and offer hope to the hopeless! I feel honoured to have been part of the ministry for this time to see Gods hand at work in so many broken lives.

So this is goodbye from me until the next trip. Where? As yet I don’t know but I will keep you all informed! Thank you for all your support and know that I have appreciated your prayers throughout my time here!

To my beautiful Swazi friends, insightful counsellors and discerning teachers I pray it won’t be too long until I see you again. I will miss you dearly! To my family, friends and counsellors back home…….I will be seeing you very soon!!!!

Much blessings and love

xxx

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful kirsty. I love you and am sooo proud of you. Love Fiona. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsty, you have grown so much and i know as you continue to submit to His will you will be blessed and be a blessing. Look forward to seeing you....but i know it will only be temporarily
    Love Ruth

    ReplyDelete